When two people engage in the act of making love, it is a lovely and intimate experience. It can get even better if both partners practice safe sex. And one of the easiest ways to do that is to use a condom.
They say there’s a first time for everything. It’s certainly true when it comes to wearing a condom. But it’s surprising how many guys out there are embarrassed to purchase one from the local chemist’s store. Or admit that they’re not sure how to go about wearing a condom properly.
Here’s a piece of advice from us: If you’re not comfortable buying a condom, you may not be ready to enjoy sex either. Because there’s nothing wrong with buying and using protection! If anything, you should feel proud that you’re being a responsible adult. Also, trying to figure out how to use protection correctly after foreplay and just before penetration is not a good idea!
Firstly, there’s nothing embarrassing about not knowing how to wear a condom properly. You didn’t know how to ride a bicycle at first either. Learning how to wear a condom is simple. Once you figure out the right way to put it on, you’ll probably never forget it. And it’s always better to practice beforehand so you’re ready when the moment arrives. So, if you’re ready to learn how to wear a condom the right way, read on:
- Check the manufacturing and expiry date on the pack to make sure it’s not too old. Though condoms can safely be stored for up to 2 years, it’s always better to have a new pack handy.
- Next, open the sealed pack carefully by tearing it along the indentation usually provided or indicated on the pack. Of course, we’ve all seen people in the movies smoothly use their teeth to open a pack but be warned! This can damage the condom itself and is not safe. Similarly, if you have long or sharp fingernails or are wearing jewellery, make sure you don’t tear the condom with them.
- Put the condom on only once an erection has been achieved. Do remember to ensure that the uncovered penis does not touch the partner’s genitals as there can be pre-cum on the tip.
- The condom will be rolled up. Place it on your palm such that the teat (the curved triangular end) faces upwards. This means the condom is in the right direction.
- Pinch the teat to remove any potential air bubbles (which can cause the condom to tear) and place the condom on the head of the penis.
- Now, roll the condom down towards the base of the penis, covering the shaft completely. If done correctly, this will be smooth and easy. If you’re trying to wear the condom the wrong way (and it can happen) it will not go smoothly. In this case, discard the condom and use a fresh one.
Do not try to use the same condom again as the penis has already come in contact with it and can leave sperm/pre-cum on the condom. Also, leave half to 1 inch of space at the top for the ejaculate to collect.
- If you need to use a lubricant, use a water-based one rather than vaseline or oil as they can cause the condom to tear due to friction. Or, just use a pre-lubricated condom (like KamaSutra’s Wet N Wild).
- The condom should be removed only after the penis has withdrawn completely from the body and while it is still erect.
We’ll say this once again – practice makes perfect. So, follow the steps mentioned above carefully a couple of times, until you’re completely comfortable wearing a condom. It’s better to be safe than sorry. And, with a KamaSutra condom, your pleasure is sure to get even better.